The top 10 best-performing sectors globally this year (2021) as of September are:
1. Technology: Technology stocks have been leading the gains globally due to the acceleration of digitalization and remote work. Companies involved in software, cloud computing, and e-commerce have experienced exceptional performance.
2. Renewable Energy: The focus on sustainability and the push towards clean energy has driven the strong performance of companies involved in renewable energy, such as solar and wind power.
3. Healthcare: The healthcare sector has seen significant growth and resilience, with pharmaceutical companies playing a crucial role in vaccine development and treatment advancements.
4. Consumer Discretionary: Companies in this sector, particularly those catering to at-home entertainment, e-commerce, and streaming services, have benefitted from changing consumer behavior during the pandemic.
5. Communication Services: This sector encompasses companies involved in various communication methods, such as telecommunications, social media platforms, and streaming services. Growth in digital communication and increased media consumption have contributed to its strong performance.
6. Financial Services: Despite the challenging economic environment, financial services, especially fintech companies, have embraced digital transformations and benefited from increased investment activity and adoption of digital payment solutions.
7. Industrial: The industrial sector has rebounded from pandemic-related disruptions and benefited from increased infrastructure spending and demand for industrial products across various economies.
8. Materials: This sector has shown strength due to rising commodity prices, particularly in metals and agricultural commodities. Increased infrastructure spending and global economic recovery have contributed to the sector’s performance.
9. Consumer Staples: Companies involved in the production and distribution of essential consumer products have shown stability during the pandemic. The demand for basic goods remains relatively consistent, contributing to the sector’s performance.
10. Real Estate: While real estate markets initially experienced challenges, there has been a recovery, particularly in residential real estate. The low-interest-rate environment and increased demand for housing have contributed to the sector’s growth.
It’s important to note that sector performance can vary over time and depend on various factors, including economic conditions, market trends, and geopolitical events.