As an AI language model, my responses are based on up-to-date information available at the time of training (September 2021). Here are ten significant venture capital deals that have occurred globally in 2021 (based on reported deals):
1. Epic Games ($1.78 billion): In April 2021, Epic Games, the creator of popular video game Fortnite, secured a $1.78 billion funding round, led by Sony Group Corporation and featuring investments from various venture capital firms.
2. Klarna ($1 billion): In June 2021, Swedish fintech firm Klarna raised $1 billion in an investment round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund 2.
3. Rivian ($2.65 billion): In January 2021, electric vehicle manufacturer Rivian raised $2.65 billion in funding from various investors, including T. Rowe Price, Amazon’s Climate Pledge Fund, and Ford.
4. Convoy ($400 million): In June 2021, trucking technology company Convoy announced a $400 million funding round led by Generation Investment Management, boosting its logistical operations.
5. SpaceX ($850 million): In February 2021, SpaceX received a funding round of $850 million, led by Sequoia Capital, to continue the development of its Starship spacecraft.
6. Chime ($485 million): In September 2021, Chime, an American neobank, raised $485 million in Series F funding, valuing the company at $14.5 billion.
7. Starlink ($500 million): In May 2021, SpaceX’s subsidiary Starlink secured an additional $500 million in funding, led by Google, to support its satellite-based internet service rollout.
8. ByteDance ($5.7 billion): In February 2021, the Chinese parent company of TikTok, ByteDance, raised $5.7 billion in a funding round, led by existing investors, as it aimed to expand its operations.
9. Waymo ($2.5 billion): In March 2021, Alphabet’s autonomous driving subsidiary, Waymo, announced a $2.5 billion funding round led by various investors, further supporting the development of its self-driving technology.
10. UiPath ($750 million): In February 2021, robotic process automation company UiPath raised $750 million in a funding round, led by Alkeon Capital Management and Coatue, contributing to its valuation of $35 billion.
Please note that venture capital deals can change rapidly, and new deals might have taken place since the time of training.